Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The last box - for now at least!

Today I worked all day in my sewing room. I don't have before pictures, or during and after pictures either. I know, you are saying, "thank goodness"! But, believe me, the improvement is wonderful! A few weeks ago we added the IKEA bookcase to the room. While Eric's mom was here I unpacked fabric and I placed it on the shelves. Today I sorted. Now I know that doesn't sound like much, but I sorted for 8 hours. I had stacks and bags everywhere. Part of the madness was to empty the last cardboard boxes and the plastic boxes that I had on the boat for thread, scissors, Olfa cutters, etc, etc, etc. I had at least 10 different boxes (to keep things dry). So, I sorted all those things into bags, because I have a chest with 12 drawers coming that will be my mobile sewing/knitting/quilting gadget chest. It's on wheels, and I can wheel it to wherever it's needed (or into the closet). So, my theory is that when the chest comes, all I'll have to do is empty the bags into the appropriate drawer.

Ikea BookcaseIn the room

1 comment:

Sally said...

It looks so neat! I like the doors on it too, will help keep things protected and tidy.